Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eclipse: Subclipse cant display the SVN perspective

So this was a good one for me. Everytime I upgrade from Ganymede to Galileo and then reinstall the subclipse plugin the SVN perspective is missing. I searched around a lot on this and got a lot of pages that said this couldnt happen and the initiator of the discussion gave up and clean installed the whole of eclipse.

I came across this post:
http://subclipse.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1046&dsMessageId=2391942

So how I have eclipse setup is its installed as root and I use it as my user name. The theory is more than one login can use it. So as the link stated it was creating a $HOME/.eclipse dir. I couldnt get past that though.

In the end I uninstalled subclipse and removed the $HOME/.eclipse dir and then started eclipse as root and installed the plugin while running as root.

Once the subclipse plugin was installed I restarted eclipse with my login and everything was fine.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I have been struggling with the issue for 3 days. This one solved the problem. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running "eclipse -clean" as root resolved the issue for me.

    ReplyDelete